Saturday 28 September 2013

Review of the Tortilla Recipe



Tortilla Recipe

 
  • Mix IP potato purée and 3 1/2 oz (7 Tbsp) of warm water
  • Make 2 tortillas by spreading the mixture into 2 thin circles (about 6-8" diameter) on a hot griddle sprayed with Pam
  • Let them brown on both sides, flipping once
  • Stuff the tortilla 
 

Review

Imagine a fabulous Mexican meal.  Whether it is a tacos, fajitas, or burritos, the wonderful contents are always wrapped in a tortilla shell.  There are many variations on the tortilla shell, whether it be soft or hard, corn or wheat, with spices or flavouring.  Well, even on IP, you can have a tortilla shell!

I was having thick chili for dinner, so I thought a tortilla shell would be great to have with it.

The recipe is extremely easy.  Just add water to the potato purée, spray a frying pan, flip once, and you're done.

The taste was fabulous.  At first, I thought it looked too much like a pancake and wasn't sure what it would taste sweet, somehow.  But it was a great vessel for my fabulous chili, and it would be great for as a taco or fajita shell.  I loved that I got to have two tortillas out of one packet.  It was thick enough to hold up to my chili.  I might experiment with a bit more water so that I can have a slightly bigger tortilla.  Not sure how thin it would be possible to go before it would not hold up, but I will try and let you know.

Overall, very tasty and very adaptable to a number of meals!



LittleStar's Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment