Sunday 25 August 2013

Review of the French Toast Recipe




French Toast Recipe

(https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=624957430877265&set=a.527733120599697.117736.417669588272718&type=1&theater)

Ingredients

1 Ideal Protein Omelet Mix
5 oz cold water
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp. Walden Farms caramel syrup
Pam spray

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 400F
  2. Mix all the ingredients but the caramel syrup in a bowl or in your shaker
  3. Spray a medium sized Pyrex
  4. Pour the mix into the Pyrex and bake for 10 minutes
  5. Serve with WF caramel syrup and enjoy!

Review

I was a bit skeptical about this recipe.  I love French toast with fresh French bread with a nice crust.  So how can you make French bread without bread?

The recipe was easy to prepare and came out of the oven smelling good.  I let it cool a little bit (maybe 3-4 minutes), then cut it into 4 pieces.  The pieces were quite thin.  I drizzled with Walden Farms pancake syrup (didn't have any caramel syrup), and a bit of extra cinnamon.

I was pleasantly surprised when I took my first bite.  The cinnamon and syrup really made it taste more like French toast than an omelet!  It was moist and tasty.  I wish it had been thicker, so I may use a smaller pan in the future, to make it smaller but thicker.

By the time I got to the fourth piece, I wasn't quite enjoying it as much.  It felt like a really big portion, and by the end, was a bit soggy.  It started tasting more like omelet by the end.  I think my mistake was letting it cool for a few minutes, rather than eating it immediately out of the oven.

Overall, not a bad substitute for French toast.

LittleStar's Rating:







No comments:

Post a Comment