Thursday 10 October 2013

Review of the Fluffy Potato Rolls






 

Fluffy Potato Rolls Recipe

 
 

Ingredients

1 Ideal Protein Potato Puree
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray
1 pinch  sage
1 pinch garlic powder
1 pinch sea salt
1 pinch thyme
1 pinch chives

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 400F
  2. Beat egg whites until foamy, but not stiff
  3. Add in Ideal Protein Potato Puree packet, herbs, sea salt, baking powder, and baking soda.  Mix well.
  4. Spray cupcake pan with Pam
  5. Spoon batter into cupcake pan, filling up each hole about 1/2 to 3/4 full
  6. Spray top of each roll with 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter' (optional)
  7. Bake for 9-10 minutes, until golden brown with bread consistency.
  8. Serve and enjoy.  Makes 3-4 rolls

Review

Bread!!  Yummy!  These look amazing on the pictures, and I was really looking forward to dipping them into the Golden Goddess Soup (http://idealproteinrecipesandfoodreviews.blogspot.ca/2013/08/review-of-golden-goddess-soup.html) that I had made.

When I made these, the only deviation from the recipe was the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.  I didn't have any, but still wanted to golden brown top.  So I sprayed the tops with a bit of Pam.

These rolls smelled, looked, and felt like the real thing.  When I broke one open, the garlic, chives and thyme smell was wonderful.  They looked fluffy on the inside, crusty on the outside.

The roll tasted really good!  They were a bit dry, so I wouldn't recommend them completely on their own.  But dipped in soup, they were wonderful.  I could also see them being great for sliders, with roasted vegetables, with sliced steak and mushrooms, and so many other combinations.  They are a great alternative to bread.  I also really like that I got 4 good sized buns, or could have made 3 larger ones.

I will definitely be making these again, perhaps trying different herbs for some variation.


LittleStar's Rating:






No comments:

Post a Comment