Sunday 18 August 2013

Review of the Artisan Flatbread recipe



 


 
Artisan Flatbread Recipe



Ingredients


1 Ideal Protein Potato Puree

1 whole egg

1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp oregano
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 pinch cilantro
2 oz water
pam spray

Preparation


  1. Preheat the oven to 350
  2. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl
  3. Spray a cookie sheet with Pam
  4. Pour mixture
  5. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until desired texture

Review

I was a little leery about trying out this recipe.  I had tried the potato puree once before, very early on in my IP journey.  I made it per the package instructions, and found that it tasted very pasty, not like mashed potatoes at all.  But despite my reservations, I decided to try this recipe.
It was quite a simple recipe to follow.  The only modification that I made was to omit the cilantro.  I hate cilantro!
The flatbread came out of the oven smelling wonderful!  It looked like flatbread.  Definitely flat, but I wasn't really sure how flat to lay out the mixture on the cookie sheet.  I let it cool for a couple minutes (might have been less because I was really excited!) and cut it with a breadknife into strips.  I wanted to eat them as breadsticks with my soup.  My first bite was......Amazing!  The outside was crunchy and crust like, the inside was moist and tender.  The mixture of seasonings gave it that little bit of extra flavour that worked really well together.  I ate about half of it dipped into my veggie soup, and the other half plain.
This is definitely something that I will make again.  It is also very versatile, depending on how you cut it.  I could be used as a flatbread, as a burger bun, as breadsticks, as a sandwich bun.  A definite winner and an addition to my list of recipes to make again.
 
 
LittleStar's Rating: 




No comments:

Post a Comment