Friday 23 August 2013

Review of the Zucchini Chips Recipe

 

Zucchini Chips Recipe

(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-11.html)

Slice the zucchini nearly paper thin
Use parchment paper on a cookie sheet
Use a sprayer for a very light spray of EVOO
Add salt and pepper

Bake at 170 for 1 hour, then turn them all over one by one... and bake another 50 mins (or more, check each 5 mins for crunchiness level)

Review

I have tried this recipe twice.  I don't have a mandolin.  The first time, I used the attachment on my KitchenAid Blender to slice the zucchini.  It did slice quite thinly, but made quite a mess.  The second time, I sliced with a sharp nice, which made the slices quite a bit thicker.

I love the taste of these chips, but I have not been very successful in making them crispy.  They looked nice and golden brown, but were still a bit soggy.  And the slices that were thicker had to be put back into the oven, and cooked even longer.

I also didn't use parchment paper, but sprayed the cookie sheet.  Probably too much oil? 

I will ask for a mandolin and parchment paper for my birthday and see if that makes the difference.

Any tips on making them crispy??  If I can get them crispy, LittleStar's rating will go up!


LittleStar's Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment